The position of the City Clerk is appointed by and reports to the City Manager, as provided for in the City Charter. The clerk is an important and exacting position in municipal government. The City Clerk is entrusted with numerous and diverse duties under both state law and local ordinances.
Some of the many responsibilities of the City Clerk of the City of Mulberry are:
- Prepares agenda in coordination with the City Manager’s office for all City Commission meetings.
- Prepares and assures that all applicable agenda items are properly noticed.
- Records the minutes of City Commission meetings
- Prepares and maintains custody of all official City records and files.
- Oversees records management, retention and destruction in accordance with state regulations.
- Responsible for filing Public Records Requests
- Serves as the City’s Qualifying Officer for candidates running for election.
- Serves as the City’s liaison with the Supervisor of Elections office
- Processes all Business Licenses
- Business-License-Application-FORM Revised
Sharon Lauther, City Clerk
P.O. Box 707, Mulberry, FL 33860